This is my story

My photo
New mommy to my son, Elijah Ryan. Wife to my husband and best friend, Nick. New homeowner and HGTV obsessed. Wedding Planner for Two Be Wed. Avid Pinner. Lover of writing, books, movies, vampires (not the Twilight kind) and Harry Potter. Enjoys lazy days, coffee and spending time with my little family. Here to share my tales of mommyhood, marraige, love and life.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Catching up + 30 days of Thanks contd.

I can not even fathom that November is practically over. That this year is almost to its end!! This month has been crazy busy between starting my new job, packing for the big move and the holidays. So I have a lot of catching up to do so bare with me.

First of all, we move THIS WEEKEND!! It's completely unreal how fast the house was completed and 15 days ahead of schedule! CRAZY!! But this move has been completely different than the rest. Despite the not-so-fun packing and manual labor of moving, I'm excited in a whole new way. Of course moving into a new place is exciting, but moving into my own house, my own dream house is over-the-top exciting!! And to top it off, we managed to save enough money to furnish the whole house!! EEK! I.can.not.wait!! I'll more than likely post pictures after Christmas because I can't imagine how I will have time before then.

Second, Thanksgiving came and went in a flash (like most things in my life). It was a highly eventful Thanksgiving to say the least (what isn't with a family of 20+) but a success nonetheless. Me & Nick ended up hosting last minute due to my mother-in-law's sudden knee surgery. She had surgery on a torn meniscus the day before Thanksgiving but the surgery went well and she is on the road to recovery now. So picture two rookie Thanksgiving cooks and a mobile, teething baby, and that's what my Thanksgiving looked like. The beginning at least. But in the end I'm glad that we had the means and the room to have my rather large family over. The food was delicious, the drinks were flowing and the company was wonderful.

With Thanksgiving in mind, brings us to the 30 days of Thanks that I began in my last post and did not do such a great job of keeping up with. Never fear though because I finish what I start and I have A LOT to be thankful for this year.

Day 8- I'm thankful for my new job, babysitting a sweet 3-month-old boy, Kayden. I'm thankful to get to know the little nugget, for the growing friendship between him & my son and the extra cash that allows me to pay for my school loans each month.
Day 9- I'm thankful for my other job as a wedding consultant. I'm thankful that I have an outlet that allows me to put my creativity and event planning skills to good use for others happiness. Each wedding I've had the opprotunity of planning has been an adventure and a learning experience that I've only grown from.
Day 10- I'm thankful for my boss, mentor, friend and pretty much big sister - Natalie Dawley. Thank you for living the life you do and setting such a positive example for me to follow. It's been a blessing to follow in your footsteps and I'm forever grateful for the opprotunitues and encouragement you've given me along the way. I love you dearly for that!
Day 11- I'm thankful that I have a job. It may not seem like much financially but it's more than many Americans out there have, still struggling to find work in our economy. I'm thankful that I have more than one opprotunity to contribute and provide for my family.
Day 12- I'm thankful for my life group family. I know I haven't known many of you for long but I've enjoyed getting to know each of you over the last few months. I'm thankful for your support and fellowship in my journey with Christ. I look forward to each week that I get to spend with you guys.
Day 13- I'm thankful for the Waters Church. I've learned so much about Christ, faith and love from the community and the pastor than I ever have in my years of attending church. Thank you for being real and imperfect just like I am, and welcoming me into your community.
Day 14- I'm thankful for my health. I don't always treat my body as well as I should but I am alive and healthy.
Day 15- I'm thankful for our new house. I'm thankful for the financial ability to build our dream house to raise our children and make lifelong memories in.
Day 16- I'm thankful for my current house. I'm thankful that we were able to expand to a bigger home as our family was expanding. It has been a nice little home for us and we've shared precious memories in it. I will miss the gorgeous patio a lot.
Day 17- I'm thankful for my degree and that I was able to earn it despite the obstacles I went through. I'm thankful for the professors that cooperated with me during my pregnancy and made it possible for me to complete my education. I'm thankful for the security my degree provides me, that when the time comes I can use it to get a salary job if need be.
Day 18- I'm thankful for my education and the well rounded person I've become because of it. I've always loved school and look forward to the day when I can teach, and impact others the way many of my teachers and professors have impacted me.
Day 19- I'm thankful for my Dad, Brad. I'm thankful that he has loved me as his own even though he didn't have to. Thank you for the effort and discpline you spent on me because I am a better person for it. I know there were times we didn't always get along but I am grateful that you were the man that raised me, and proud to call you my Dad. I love you.
Day 20- I'm thankful for my sister, Rachel. You are unlike any other and I'm so proud of that. You have an unconditional heart and the most unique outlook on the world that I admire. Thank you for friendship and being there for me when I needed you the most. I love you and you will always be my baby sister.
Day 21- I'm thankful for the world's greatest grandparents, Mama & Papa. Thank you for loving me like your own grandchild and welcoming me into your loving hearts. I've enjoyed getting to know both of you and enjoy every moment we spend together. I have learned a lot about family, love and marriage from you both and am thankful for the day that you officially became my grandparents.
Day 22- I'm thankful for my mother-in-law, Paula. Thank you for bringing the most amazing man I know into this world and for raising him the way you did. You have the biggest loving, caring and giving heart than any woman I know. I admire your perserverance in life and your amazing cooking skills. I'm thankful for your love, friendship and everything you have taught me. You have given me big shoes to fill as your son's wife!!
Day 23- I'm thankful for a happy home, one filled with laughter, joy and love.
Day 24- I'm thankful for the means to host Thanksgiving at our home. I'm thankful to have all of my family together in one place to give thanks.
Day 25- I'm thankful for cold weather. It doesn't happen often in Houston but when it does it is much appreciated.
Day 26- I'm thankful for my iPhone. It's amazing how much I can do with such a small device. It has been a lifesaver on many occasions.
Day 27- I'm thankful for one year of marriage with my loving husband. I thank every day that he chose me to spend forever with and I cherish every moment together! Happy Anniversary babe!
Day 28- I'm thankful for babysitters. They are essential to maintaining a happy marriage and my sanity. Thank you to those of you who have sat for us especially Mimi & Lula.
Day 29- Today I'm thankful for the upcoming holiday season. To be able to have my family over for Christmas morning and give to those I love most.

And if this post wasn't long enough, I have to take a moment to be a proud mama and brag about my little angel. He got his first tooth on Thanksgiving and has been a trooper through the whole teething experience. I'm sure there are some killer teeth to come but so far he really hasn't been that bad. I seriously have the best kid ever!!




No comments:

Post a Comment