This is my story

My photo
New mommy to my son, Elijah Ryan. Wife to my husband and best friend, Nick. New homeowner and HGTV obsessed. Wedding Planner for Two Be Wed. Avid Pinner. Lover of writing, books, movies, vampires (not the Twilight kind) and Harry Potter. Enjoys lazy days, coffee and spending time with my little family. Here to share my tales of mommyhood, marraige, love and life.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween + 30 days of Thanks

Another month has come and gone. It's crazy that this year is almost over but the best part of the year is still to come: the holidays. I love this time of year because it's all about what I love most, family. I'm already counting down to Thanksgiving and have my holiday Pinterest board full of yummy recipes to try. And don't get me started on Christmas. Christmas is definitely my favorite holiday and I'm looking forward to it even more than usual because we'll be in the new house. I've bought all new Christmas decorations and already let Nick know the first thing that's going up is the tree. I could go on, and on but I need to rewind to the most recent holiday, Eli's first Halloween. He was a cuddly lion and a cute one at that. The lion suit didn't last very long, which I expected, so before we went trick or treating he changed into a friendly skeleton.

Being bashful with Daddy.

Cute as can be.

Mama Lion & Baby Lion.
Hey there Bones.

The Joseph Gang
I've never been a big fan of Halloween. I can't recall one Halloween that I actually enjoyed myself but having a kid has changed that. I had more fun this year dressing up with Eli than I ever have before and I know as he gets older, it will only be more enjoyable.
--------------------------------------------------------

This month, I'm joining on the thankful bandwagon and decided to do the 30 days of Thanks. I rather do it on here than Facebook because I'd like to look back on it next year and see if my thanks have changed. So bare with me on this rather lengthy post because I have 7 days to catch up on.

Day 1: I'm thankful for my son. He is the constant light in my life and my biggest blessing. He is better than anything I could have ever wished for in a child. He is healthy, happy, smart, funny, charming, and beautiful. I never knew that I could love someone as much as I love him and couldn't imagine a world without him in it. Every day is a new adventure with him and I'm looking forward to the many adventures we will have together!

Day 2: I'm thankful for my husband. I don't even know where to begin when it comes to how thankful I am for Nick. He is truly my best friend and loves me even at my worst. He is the most loving, caring, loyal, funny, handsome and ambitious man I know and I am so proud to be his wife. I am thankful for his dedication to our family to ensure a life of comfort, peace and happiness.

Day 3: I'm thankful for God and his unconditional love. My spiritual relationship has thrived since I've had Eli because I know now how God loves me. It hasn't been an easy journey but I'm thankful that God never gave up on me even when I have.

Day 4: I'm thankful for my family, new & old. I've always been very close with my mother & sister but when I got married, I gained a whole new family that loved me as their own. I'm thankful for their love and support through our roller coaster of a year. I wouldn't have survived a wedding and a new baby without all of them.

Day 5: I'm thankful for my mom. She is my best friend and always has been. Now that I am a mother myself, I have a new found love and respect for her and how she raised me. My mother worked hard to provide for us against all odds, and taught me to always have an open mind and love everyone I meet. I admire her loving and carefree heart & spirit and hope that I am just as much of a positive influence on Eli as she has been on me.

Day 6: I am thankful for my best friends who love me for me and keep me sane. I would not be who I am today without your love and support. Thank you for all the late night phone calls and the crazy adventures...I'm sure there will be many more to come!

And today, Day 7: I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom. I always knew that I wanted to spend those early years at home with my children but never thought I would end up the opportunity that I have today. I get to spend every day with my son, teaching him, loving him, watching him grow and never missing a single moment. I'm thankful that my husband's job allows me to stay home and make my dream come true!
More days of thanks to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment