This is my story

My photo
New mommy to my son, Elijah Ryan. Wife to my husband and best friend, Nick. New homeowner and HGTV obsessed. Wedding Planner for Two Be Wed. Avid Pinner. Lover of writing, books, movies, vampires (not the Twilight kind) and Harry Potter. Enjoys lazy days, coffee and spending time with my little family. Here to share my tales of mommyhood, marraige, love and life.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

35 Weeks

I can't believe I'm already 35 weeks. It seems like just yesterday we found out we were expecting and now we are counting down the weeks until he is here. What a week this has been though and it's only Wednesday! I had a doctors appointment Monday and everything was normal. I measured 35 cm and I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Of course silly me didn't even ask what "effaced" meant, but leave it to Nick and good ol' google. Effaced is when the cervix begins to thin out in preparation for the delivery. Even though that sounds like I could be going into labor any day...it's perfectly normal for first time mothers to be dilated and effaced for weeks before delivery. However, yesterday I thought for sure I was going into labor because my mucous plug came out. Again, wth right? The muocus plug seals the opening of the cervix and you normally lose it before going into labor. So of course I'm freaking out...Nick isn't home yet and I'm about to have a baby. "I'm not ready" was all I kept thinking to myself! But once again, the doctor said that was normal and I didn't lose all of my mucous plug, just some of it and it would happen more often as I got closer to delivery. Now I feel like any day I could be going into labor and there's so many things I still have left to do! To top off, I seemed to have gotten this rash known as PUPP, it's red hive-like bumps on my abdomen and stretch marks that itch like crazy! And what do you know.. doctor said it's normal, that it occurs around the the third trimester and goes away after delivery. So now I'm dilated, effaced, lost my mucous plug and I'm breaking out in hives! What a week, right?

On the bright side, all of this means I'm only closer to having my baby here. Thankfully, Nick comes home in 3 days (YAY) so that will put my mind at ease and it will be great to have his help around the house as we prep for baby. I'm getting really excited and nervous because I don't feel like I'm ready but I don't think you ever really are "ready". Many moms have told me it just comes naturally. I'm praying that they're right and that everything goes well. But I could use all the prayers I can get :)

1 comment:

  1. He is coming! Hooray! I hope you make it to my shower ha :)

    ReplyDelete