This is my story

My photo
New mommy to my son, Elijah Ryan. Wife to my husband and best friend, Nick. New homeowner and HGTV obsessed. Wedding Planner for Two Be Wed. Avid Pinner. Lover of writing, books, movies, vampires (not the Twilight kind) and Harry Potter. Enjoys lazy days, coffee and spending time with my little family. Here to share my tales of mommyhood, marraige, love and life.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Joys of Pregnancy

Sorry it's been awhile since my last post. It's been on my to-do list but that seems to be never ending these days. A lot has been going on and I've been a busy little bee. First off, thank you for all the positive feedback on the blog. I'm really excited that so many people support me and my love for writing, as well as my journey in motherhood and marriage. It's exciting and there is something new everyday, and I am happy to share it with all of you!

Since my last post I have officially entered into the final weeks in my pregnancy. I'm not quite 9 months, I will be 35 weeks on Monday but all of those not so lovely pregnancy symptoms have set in. And I'm so not loving it. I can't really complain about my pregnancy because up until now it's been wonderful. I never got morning sickness, never had any outrageous cravings (I crave cinnamon and orange juice for those wondering) but these last few weeks have been killing me! My feet, face and hands have swelled up. I pee every hour, on the hour. I can no longer see my feet. I can feel my hips spreading apart and preparing for what's ahead. My back is constantly aching. And I don't mean to complain but feel that I should share these things with all of my expecting friends and those that will one day experience it...it will happen to you so prepare yourself. If anything it's made me even more anxious for Elijah to be here. He's constantly on the move, rolling here and stretching there. Lately he loves to kick my ribs but only on my right side. I can feel him growing every day and couldn't be more excited. But that is also a constant reminder of how little time I have prepare until he arrives. Luckily, the hubby comes home in 6 days!!! For those that don't know, Nick works offshore in Canada and has been gone for almost 9 weeks. It's been the longest we've ever been away from each other and words can't express how ready I am for him to be home. It's tough being away from your best friend, your lover and your partner but I am grateful to have someone like him that is willing to be away from everyone and everything he loves to provide for his family. God has truly blessed me. I love my boys more than anything :)

Before I go I have to mention my baby shower which took place last weekend. My best friend, Kennan, was the host and did a fabulous job! I was so happy with the turnout and glad to see all my friends. It's crazy how much we've all grown up. Some are married, having babies and others are graduating college or getting their masters. I'm just grateful for all their love and support. We got some adorable outfits and toys, plenty of bath stuff -we will no doubt have the cleanest baby known to mankind - and tons of other great helpful things. Thank you to everyone who came and especially Kennan for your time, money and the effort you put into the shower.
Me and my sister, Rachel at the baby shower.
34 weeks

I promise to update after the doctor appointment on Monday. Hopefully we get some good news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment